A zip attachment contains a img with an exe: the malware. The other, a pdf downloading a zip with an exe: the same malware. The data is exfiltrated via SMTP.
Cybercrime, 81% of all financially motivated cyberattacks in 2020 are ransomware
81% of all cybercrime financially motivated cyberattacks in 2020 are ransomware. The cost of a breach caused by malware last year was 4% more than an average malicious aggression
Ransomware made up a whopping 81% of all financially motivated cyberattacks in 2020. It has been detected by Atlas VPN cybersecurity experts. The average cost of a breach caused by malware last year was $4.44 million. In total, 63% of 2020 cybercrime attacks were financially motivated with a 81% of ransomware aggression. The remaining 19% include point-of-sale intrusions, e-commerce attacks, business email compromise, and cryptocurrency mining. As this technology has developed over the last thirty years since its creation in 1989, its threat levels have grown too. In 2020, in fact, ransomware caused greater financial damage per breach than average malicious attacks. An average malicious aggression costs victims $4.27 million per assault. In the meantime, ransomware attacks impact 4% more.